Estate Planning Attorneys Serving Western Pennsylvania
For decades, the estate planning & probate attorneys at Heritage Elder Law & Estate Planning, LLC have proudly served clients across Western Pennsylvania when they are preparing for the future. Having a comprehensive estate plan in place can not only provide you with the comfort of knowing exactly what will happen to your assets in the future, but it can also allow your family to focus on what matters most. Our firm proudly represents clients in Pittsburgh, Butler, Cranberry Township, Franklin, Erie, Greenville, Venango County, Erie County, and Mercer County. To learn more about what Heritage Elder Law & Estate Planning can do for you and your family, contact our firm today.
Our Estate Planning & Probate Services
At Heritage Elder Law & Estate Planning, LLC, we believe that it is essential for everyone to have an estate plan that protects their assets long after they are gone. This should be done regardless of age, financial means, etc. A well-rounded estate plan can ensure your beneficiaries are properly taken care of when your life is over. Additionally, our probate services can help ensure your wishes are followed when the time comes. The attorneys at Heritage are here to help you through the following estate law matters:
- Deeds: One of the complexities of the estate planning process is transferring property from one party to another. Ensuring that a deed transfer is done correctly and that all parties understand the implications of transferring property is essential. Talk to the skilled estate planning attorneys at Heritage Elder Law & Estate Planning, LLC today to learn how we can help your family prepare for the future.
- Estate & Trust Administration: If you have been chosen as the executor of your loved one’s estate, you must have strong legal representation on your side. As an executor, you are responsible for fulfilling the wishes laid out in your loved one’s estate plan. Additionally, you must carry out the probate process, which can be very complicated. Heritage can guide you every step of the way.
- Irrevocable Tax Trusts: What many people fail to think about as they plan their estate are the tax implications that their beneficiaries will incur upon receiving an inheritance. An irrevocable tax trust aims to avoid federal estate tax. Of course, it is essential to have strong legal representation on your side upon dealing with any serious tax matter to ensure you are in compliance with all federal and state laws. Contact us today to learn how we can help.
- Powers of Attorney: One of the estate planning tools that can come in handy during your everyday life is a power of attorney. Whether for financial matters, health care, or just in general, these documents can allow another person to carry out important tasks on your behalf. Of course, choosing the agent for your power of attorney should be done carefully, and you should only issue this authority to someone you can trust. Heritage can help you determine what kind of power of attorney is best for you.
- Remarriage Protections: In the unexpected event that you pass away before your spouse and they decide to get remarried, the legacy you left behind must be protected. With remarriage protections, you can feel confident knowing that your estate will continue to meet your wishes even if your spouse gets married again in due time.
- Special Needs Planning: If you have a loved one with special needs, it is important to plan for their future to ensure they will retain their benefits and be financially prepared for the future. There are several different types of special needs trusts, such as a first-party trust, a third-party trust, a pooled special needs trust, or a hybrid special needs trust. Talk to one of the skilled estate planning attorneys at Heritage today to learn about what options are best suited for your family.
- Trusts: When planning for the future, one of the ways that many people choose to pass down their assets in a secure way is through a trust. There are many different kinds of trusts, some of which provide significant tax benefits. If you want to maximize your wealth and ensure your beneficiaries get the most out of their inheritance, contact Heritage today.
- Wills: One of the most important parts of any comprehensive estate plan is drafting a valid will. This is a document that allows you to detail exactly what you want to happen to your estate upon your passing. Wills are for everybody, not just those with complex assets. To learn more about how Heritage Elder Law & Estate Planning, LLC can help you draft your will, give us a call today.
Why You Need an Estate Planning Attorney
Estate planning is a complicated legal process that requires the attention of a skilled attorney. The state of Pennsylvania demands that certain requirements are met to recognize whether these estate planning documents are valid. While it can be tempting to try and handle these matters on your own, it is important to know that even small mistakes can completely invalidate these documents. With Heritage Elder Law & Estate Planning, LLC on your side, you can feel confident knowing that you are in good hands.
Contact Our Office
No matter what stage of life you are in, you must prepare for the unexpected. It is always better to have an estate plan that is updated as your life changes over time than to wait until it is too late. Creating a multifaceted estate plan can help ensure that everything you have worked so hard for is protected. Contact Heritage Elder Law & Estate Planning, LLC today to learn how we can help.