Workshops & Speaking Engagements
Here at Heritage Elder Law & Estate Planning, we feel very strongly about educating individuals and families about the importance of having a good estate plan. Of course, “good” means different things to different families so at our workshops we discuss various issues that arise in our lives, some of which might resonate with one person but not another.
Our workshops are advertised in many places, including our website, mailed postcards, mailed invitations, and local newspapers. Interested attendees can RSVP on our website or by calling our office. After registering, attendees will receive a confirmation letter in the mail and also a confirmation phone call a day or two before the workshop date.
At our workshops, you’ll learn about wills, powers of attorneys, trusts and other important elements of a modern estate plan. Whether you’re attending a workshop because you saw our articles in the paper, were referred to us by a friend or family member, or simply have heard about us in the community, you’re going to learn some valuable tips which will enable you to begin the process of creating a good estate plan for you and your family.
Workshops are a great learning experience. They are interactive where attendees are free to ask questions as we discuss the “do’s and don’ts” of planning.
The learning does not end at the workshop, as everyone who attends receives a free 90-minute consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys. This no-obligation meeting is a great way to have your questions answered and see which estate planning vehicles will work best for your family. The consultation is known as the Vision meeting and you can learn more about it here.
Our Upcoming Events
Educating the public on the ins and outs of elder law and estate planning is paramount to our mission at Heritage. Elder law and estate planning are relatively new specialties of law and we take pride in using our years of experience in these fields to be a knowledgeable community resource.
Not only does Heritage offer free informational workshops on estate planning basics at our offices throughout Western Pennsylvania, but our lawyers look forward to speaking to various professional and community groups to further educate them on the ever-changing landscape of elder law and estate planning.
The Heritage staff has experience presenting at CEU seminars for both healthcare and financial professionals, participating in trainings on guardianships and estate planning for state and local agencies, and speaking at law conferences throughout the country.
If you are interested in having one of our lawyers speak at your professional or community event, please contact us.
Prior Speaking Events
- Educational seminars for staff members at skilled nursing facilities throughout Western PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Estate planning workshops for the clients of financial advisors throughout Western PA – Attorneys Jeff Banner and Bill Taylor
- Estate Planning workshops at our various Heritage office locations – Attorneys Jeff Banner, Bill Taylor, Michael Butler
- Estate planning workshops at many locations throughout Western PA – Attorneys Jeff Banner and Michael Butler
- Estate planning workshops in conjunction with Brugger’s Funeral Home in Erie, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Wednesday, August 28, 2019, Guardianship and Executor training, PA Link Partners – Attorney Michael Butler
- Friday, August 2, 2019, GECAC, Erie, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Thursday, July 25, 2019, Workshop and speaking, Community Nursing Services of North East, North East, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Friday, June 14, 2019, CEU event with Zac Wild of Edward Jones and LECOM, Erie, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019, Powers of Attorney presentation, Clarion Psychiatric Center – Attorney Michael Butler
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019, Alzheimer’s Association Alzheimer’s Conference CEU presentation, Erie, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Thursday, May 2, 2019, Expert Panel, Erie, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018, TLC Networking Group, Butler, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Friday, November 9, 2018, Veterans Benefits CEU course, Snyder Memorial Health Care Center – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Friday, October 26, 2018, CUP Legal Conference, Clarion, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Friday, October 26, 2018, Warren County Senior Expo – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Friday, May 18th, 2018, Alzheimer’s Conference, Erie, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017, Transitions of Care Community Collaboration, Grove City, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Thursday, November 9, 2017, Pennsylvania CareerLink, Greensburg, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Monday, November 6, 2017, The Law Entrepreneur Podcast, “Scaling from a Single-Office Practice to a Six-Office Practice” – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Friday, October 20, 2017, Clarion University Legal Conference, Clarion, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Friday, September 29, 2017, Elder Law Boot Camp for Health Care Workers, Cranberry Twp., PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Friday, September 22, 2017, Financial Planner Boot Camp, Mars, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Wednesday, July 26, 2017, Alzheimer’s Support Group, Lutheran SeniorLife Passavant – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Thursday, July 20, 2017, Caregiver Support Group, Jameson Hospice – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Thursday, June 29, 2017, My Law CLE IRA presentation, Palm Beach, FL – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017, Federal Bar IRA presentation, Washington DC – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017, CEU presentation, Snyder Memorial Health Care Center – Attorney Jeff Banner
- Friday, January 27, 2017, Elder Law Boot Camp, Mars, PA – Attorney Jeff Banner